Sunflower Mazes & Pick-Your Own Flowers
Goldpetal Farms reopens mid-June. Stay tuned for dates!
SEASON NOT YET OPEN
Goldpetal Farms Sunflower Mazes & Pick-Your-Own Flowers
We’re excited for our 2023 season, promising to be filled with even more beautiful sunflower varieties than ever before! We hope to have three mazes this season, open from mid-June through mid August, depending on weather conditions. Plus, starting July, our zinnia field will be in full-bloom and ready for photos and picking!
2023 Season: mid-June thru mid-August, weather-dependent
Zinnia Zuperbloom Feast O’Flowers: July 15-16 + July 22-23
Location: 37254 Manor Rd, Chaptico, MD 20621
Admission & Pick-Your-Own Flower Costs
***THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS FOR PLANNING PURPOSES — PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT YET OPEN****
DAYS OPEN: Wednesday through Sunday
HOURS: 10am – Sunset
Admission includes access to sunflower mazes, pick-your-own flower field, Zinnia Zuperbloom Fest O’Flowers, painting stations, corn hole and other games, photo opps and beautiful nature areas to hang out, take pictures and enjoy picnicking (bring your own).
- General: $15 age 7+ / kids 6 and under are free
- Military with ID: $12
- Groups of 5+ age 7 and up: $12 each
- Season Pass: $36 single / $56 couple we expect a 9-12 week season
- Professional Photographers taking photos for hire: $50 day pass / $150 season pass
Cut-Your-Own Flower Costs
- Sunflowers: $1 per stem, $5 for six
- Zinnias: $.50 per stem
Payment is made upon arrival. We do not sell tickets online and reservations are not required.
- Purchase Required to enter and access the mazes and cut-flower garden
- Pay at the Admission Barn: CASH, CARDS & APPLE PAY ACCEPTED
General Photography Rules
We encourage everyone to record and share their experience at Goldpetal Farms! Guest snapshots, videos, and individual or family photographs taken by an unpaid photographer for private use and for non-commercial purposes are permitted without an additional fee.
- All photography must be without disruption to our operations or other guests.
- Remain on maze pathways, cut-flower rows or grassy areas at all times.
- Do not handle plants, flowers, plant labels or containers.
- We reserve the right to monitor and restrict equipment.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Animals are prohibited, except certified service dogs.
- If asked by a person not to take pictures of that person, the request must be honored. If the
picture has already been taken, it must be deleted upon request.
- Operation or use of any drones, unmanned aircraft/flying systems, and remotely- controlled flying machines, motorized or not, is strictly prohibited.
- Photography in the maze and on the grounds is permitted only during business hours. If you wish to photograph during off-hours, please contact us to inquire about arranging the day and time.
- Enter your photos in our annual photo contest!
Individuals, groups and photographers not abiding by any portion of the policies and rules will be asked to leave Goldpetal Farms. The rules and policies are subject to change.
$50 DAY PASS • $150 SEASON PASS
Professional photography fees apply if your are taking photos for the purpose of:
- selling your images commercially and as a business
- taking session photos for hire (portraits, lifestyle, fashion, etc.)
Session photography requires regular admission fees/requirements for your guests.
We don’t require reservations be made (at this time) but we highly recommend verifying the weather and maze conditions before your visit. We can be reached at (240) 587-7312.
Planning Your Visit
We look forward to your visit to our sunflower mazes and pick-your-own flower fields.
Bring your friends and family — it’s a great place to explore and enjoy the outdoors and nature.
Best Times of Day to Visit
- Mornings and late afternoon-to-evenings are the best time to visit.
- Sunsets are typically gorgeous! And if we’re lucky, we’ll have lightning bugs.
Taking Home Flowers?
- BRING tall container & water to transport your flowers home.
If you have your own collecting bucket and shears, you may bring those as well (we have limited supplies).
- AVOID leaving your flowers in the hot car!
You will want to get your flowers inside and in fresh water so they can recover from the stress of being cut.
We request that you abide by these requirements. We reserve the right to refuse entry if these requirements are not followed:
- Wear family-friendly attire
- Be respectful to other visitors
- Do not destroy, trample or damage the sunflowers
- Stay on provided paths; do not create your own
- Dogs are allowed if well-behaved, leashed and cleaned up after
- No smoking on any grounds
- Do not touch the wildlife
- The historical home near the maze is a private residence and off-limits. Please do not trespass.
To enjoy your experience more, we recommend that you bring the following items:
- Sunscreen, hat, sun protection
- Closed-toed shoes
- Picnic, to enjoy hanging out and dining al fresco, among the blossoms
Accessibility & Comfort Stations
- Parking is in grass and you’re on a farm with gravel and dirt roads / paths. Wheelchairs are scooters should do fine as long as the ground isn’t wet
- Maze paths are generally 5 feet wide
- fine as long as the ground isn’t wet
- Portable bathrooms are on site, located in parking area
- Misting station in the maze, to help you cool off
Activities & Features
- Butterfly garden, free painting stations, scavenger hunt, corn hole and other games and picnic tables
- Lightning Bug Blitzes: we’ll stay open later when the lightning bug activity is good
- Goldpetal Farm store: bottle water, custom t-shirts, activity book, Butterbee pins, sticker sets, local honey
Pups & Picnics
- Well-behaved pups are permitted, as long as they remain leashed and cleaned up after
- Bring your own picnic (no alcohol, please) and enjoy shady under trees and tent. We have a limited number of picnic tables, so you may want to bring your own picnic blanket.